- Research of bird distribution in time and space in conditions of the global change; seasonal habitat use of bird species; identifying changes in the quality of habitats; bird migration.
- Establishment of important bird areas, bird conservation strategies.
- Tagging birds with telemetric GPS-GSM transmitters and use of the collected data in the research of bird habitat selection and habitat use, migration studies.
- Bird surveys using various accounting methods, digitization, processing and analysis of collected spatial data using modern geo-information and statistical methods, visualization of results on thematic maps.
- Land cover mapping and landscape structure analysis, long-term land cover change identifying (according to the CORINE methodology) using satellite images (spectral analysis), orthophotos and various land cover GIS databases.