- evolutionary ecology, taxonomy, genetic diversity, reconstruction of phylogeny using molecular data, and speciation in the order Hymenoptera;
- the applicability of neutral markers versus the markers under selection pressure for the reconstruction of speciation patterns in solitary wasps, with particular focus on the sting venom protein-coding genes;
- trophic network and econiches of the trap-nesting taxocene of bees, predatory wasps and their natural enemies, their adaptation to the changes of ecosystems caused by the climate change and anthropogenic pressures;
- ecosystem services of pollination and pest control, provided by Hymenoptera;
- fauna of Hymenoptera and Orthoptera in Lithuania;
- genetic diversity in the surviving local dark European honey bee population in Lithuania.